• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

120uf cap i TSEll? Need a little help...

Is it OK and recommend to use one 100uf 350v cap and one 120uf 450v cap. In the place for C6 and C7?
I only use the TSEll with the 45 tube.
Mouser don't have the 100uf 450v in stock.

And can I use the "old" 100k ohm trimmer resistors from the "old TSE" in the new TSEll (R12 and R23)
I have a pair of these at home.

Thanks
Michael

Assuming an intended B+ in the 320 volt or less range, yes 350 volt caps are OK. The voltage across C6 may rise to near or slightly over 350 volts on initial power up. It will drop as soon as the rectifier tube comes up and the mosfets start conducting.

Most of the 45 based original TSE's were built with 350 volt caps. Nobody ever mentioned any failures in these caps...unless they were installed backwards.

Original TSE #1 still has the original 350 volt caps in it, and still works today. It runs 320 to 330 volts of B+ with 92 year old NX-483 tubes in it. The NX-483 is a 45 with a 5 volt filament.