• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TSE II new build -Trafo question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

TSEII on the way! many thanks George!

I am looking for some recommendations on main transformer. I want to try some rectifier tube rolling, switching around with 5AR4, Gz37, and 5391; i have these rectifiers on hand and been wanting to use the GZ37s for ages.

I live in Germany.

I want to push the 300b around 360 - 400v range. I have been playing around with PSUD

The Hammond 372HX is the lowest cost option for sure. To be fair, I have only ever used Hammond chokes but I know alot of folks here have used them for projects. So how are Hammond power transformers?

Custom option is Sowter. Right now I am not that interested in a toroid. I have used them in the past for st35 style builds and they are ok. If I am going to customize i can up the amps for both heater combinations - opening up other options in the rectifiers.

the Hammond has 300-0-300, will that get me to the desired 360-400hv on the 300b? If I customizing what would be the ideal primary winding for that? I am horrible with PSUD...

Many thanks

erick

Last edited:
I use a locally sourced mains trafo, the company is an industrial manufacturer with good quality.

With 330-0-330 and GZ34 (Matsushita) I'm running at 375v and 70ma. With a 310 transformer I couldn't get above 350.

I found a big difference running them at 375v.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.