• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tube suggestions for SSE build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have you read the TubeLab website?
Tubelab SSE | Tubelab
Why did you choose the transformers listed?

With those transformers, EL-34, KT-88, 6550s, 6L6GC

Yes I have read through the website. Obviously I am not an expert in this field... some of the information bounced of my brain and fell to the floor. :eek:

My selection of transformers was made on the basis that they have been utilized successfully by other builders, according to the website, and they were available locally to me.

Tubes and Applications | Tubelab

Thanks for the suggestions of tubes! Would the Electro-Harmonix KT88 EH model be suitable?

Thanks for the suggestions of tubes! Would the Electro-Harmonix KT88 EH model be suitable?

That's what I used in my SSE.

Attachments

• GlowingAmp4LoRes.jpg
    GlowingAmp4LoRes.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 178
I am a fan of the JJ KT88s but I listen to mostly rock. For the preamp tube find some NOS and try them out. Not very expensive and you can find some RCA or mil-spec tubes. Older tubes will make huge difference in sound. Sovtek rectifier has been bulletproof in multiple builds.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.