• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Quick CCS Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A quick (hopefully) question regarding the CCS in the SSE build. I bought all the components to build this amp 10 years ago :eek: but never got around to building it. With the current situation I have found myself with a bit of time on my hands so have dug it out of the cupboard and started to relearn how these things work. One of the CCS chips are missing and the one I have is a Supertex DN2540N5 - I also have a note that when using this instead of the IXCP10M45S that the R13 and R23 resistors need to be 100 ohms instead of the 330 ohm. I have purchased replacements CCS from RS components and (as I don't really know about the workings of the CCS) wanted to check that it was going to be ok. Part is below.

DN2540N5-G | N-Channel MOSFET, 500 mA, 400 V Depletion, 3-Pin TO-220 Microchip DN2540N5-G | RS Components

I am in the uk and can't get hold of the IXCP10M45S

If anyone can confirm that this part is ok before I start soldering that would be much appreciated.

Ta

Yes , the dn2540 works great. Two of them cascoded works really great.

You need a gate stopper (1k resistor from the gates) to stop any potential oscillation.

They vary a bit, 100r could be 20ma, could 25ma... I normally fit trim pot (500r, paralleled with a 500r resistor incase of an issue, and gives finer adjustment).

The beauty of these things...You can test them with a 9v battery, a 100r resistor and a cheap multimeter

Can i ask, what is your target current, and what b+, and what is your target anode plate voltage

Edit - just seen this is for a tubelad sse. DN2540 should be ok, max 400v though, they die instantly above that

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.