Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 9th January 2021, 07:31 PM   #1
jerkbag is offline jerkbag
diyAudio Member

Default Transformer Lamination Ground -- Sanity Check

Hi All -- I have an Edcor Power Transformer on my tubelab se that has been buzzing, and based on advice in another thread, I removed the end bells, and placed popsicle stick shims between the laminations and the bobbin on the top and bottom.

When I put everything back to together, I no longer have a connection between the laminations and ground, as I did before. I still have it in the OTs, and I still have it on power transformer mounting screws.

Everything works fine (and buzz is gone!) but have I done something dangerous? What are the risks of the laminations not having a path to safety ground. If I touch the transformer to see if it's hot will I get zapped?
  Reply to this post

Transformer Lamination Ground -- Sanity CheckHide this!Advertise here!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off