• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Duke's Build Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's alive! After testing on garbage speakers, hooked it up to my Klipsch Forte's. This amp sounds amazing!
I have yet to wire in the motor run capacitor. What exactly will that do? I do hear a slight hum, with ear on top of the speaker. As this is not my favorite listening position, think Ill be able to live with it. Thanks for all the help with wiring, was getting overwhelmed.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hey! Congrats on getting it running! That's awesome!

The motor run cap upgrades the power supply, which in turn improves the sound of the amp.

Vague? I know. I don't understand why, technically, so I can't offer an explanation. George's site says if you are building a high-end amp then include the supplemental cap - so I did. You already have the cap so you might as well install it.

Maybe someone else can offer more insight.

20210119_152459.jpg

Attachments

• 20210119_152459.jpg
    20210119_152459.jpg
    974.5 KB · Views: 111
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.