Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 27th October 2020, 10:58 PM   #1
brl0301 is offline brl0301
diyAudio Member

Default tseii biasing question

Ive been running my tseii for a while now and all has been great. I decided today to check/adjust my bias since it had been a while. I am seeing some odd behavior while trying to set bias on the right channel. Im running just under 400 b+ and b- is showing around -200. I am trying to set current at 75ma. The left channel is nice and stable but the right channel continues to drift after i make an adjustment.

I checked the bias voltage at the 300b and it is around -66v and is stable even when the tube current is fluctuating. My first thought was the tube was the issue but I swapped tubes and the issue stayed on the same channel.

What should i be looking at to solve this issue? Thanks for any help
Old 28th October 2020, 02:19 PM   #2
w5jag is offline w5jag  United States
diyAudio Member

You might try touching up the solder joints on the resistor you are measuring across; maybe try a different set of test leads or meters to eliminate measurement issues before you suspect the amp.
Old 28th October 2020, 02:24 PM   #3
w5jag is offline w5jag  United States
diyAudio Member

If it is not a measurement issue, then look for a leaky coupling cap on the side that is acting funky.
Old 28th October 2020, 11:26 PM   #4
brl0301 is offline brl0301
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by w5jag View Post
You might try touching up the solder joints on the resistor you are measuring across; maybe try a different set of test leads or meters to eliminate measurement issues before you suspect the amp.
Looks like it was simply a case of a dieing battery in one of my meters. After a fresh battery I was able to get consistant readings and was able to bias the tubes with no issue.

Its funny how something so stupid can create an "issue". Thanks for the suggestions
  Reply to this post

tseii biasing questionHide this!Advertise here!