• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

tseii biasing question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ive been running my tseii for a while now and all has been great. I decided today to check/adjust my bias since it had been a while. I am seeing some odd behavior while trying to set bias on the right channel. Im running just under 400 b+ and b- is showing around -200. I am trying to set current at 75ma. The left channel is nice and stable but the right channel continues to drift after i make an adjustment.

I checked the bias voltage at the 300b and it is around -66v and is stable even when the tube current is fluctuating. My first thought was the tube was the issue but I swapped tubes and the issue stayed on the same channel.

What should i be looking at to solve this issue? Thanks for any help

You might try touching up the solder joints on the resistor you are measuring across; maybe try a different set of test leads or meters to eliminate measurement issues before you suspect the amp.

Looks like it was simply a case of a dieing battery in one of my meters. After a fresh battery I was able to get consistant readings and was able to bias the tubes with no issue.

Its funny how something so stupid can create an "issue". Thanks for the suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.