• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Birk's SSE Build Thread

I still haven’t dealt with the speaker terminals but I have been listening to it on my main system today and I’m impressed. It needed some decent warm up time but got better the longer I played it.

I built a new lexan box to keep the kids from getting electrocuted. Do we think it’s vented enough? The back side is totally open. And there’s a grid of holes above each tube.

001(17).HEIC

Love the look of your amp. How did you build the clear lexan case? Any advice on making one or where to find one similar to yours? I'm just starting an SSE build and feel I might be in a bit over my head.

Hey so I just ordered some lexan and cut it on my table saw using the same blade I used for the aluminum. I drilled some holes in the top piece and left the back open then I just used clear tape to hold it all together. It should probably be glued somehow but I didn’t do that.

I felt over my head several times doing this, it took a long time and I just tried to tackle each phase one step at a time. If you have any safety related questions just try to get a solid answer before moving forward and don’t just guess if you aren’t sure.

Great thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't have a table saw so I don't think I'll be able to build one.

I have one chassis by Hammond that has an optional metal grill cover that I bought. I like the look of the clear case better but I'll probably just end up using the case cover and doing everything top side mounted like you did. Still waiting on the transformers from Edcor, ordered them two weeks ago and I'm hoping it won't take the full 8 to 10 week lead time that they estimated.