• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

First SSE build noob ?

Ok hooked up everything as pictured in Georges files for initial start up choke hooked up no cap yet( ready for later ) have 355 acvolts from psu, no freds and I have no volts going to rectifier tube from 355 ac heres a pic have 6 volts for heater , ???

Attachments

• 5DC586C2-7881-4DF5-91A7-F38016330551.jpg
    5DC586C2-7881-4DF5-91A7-F38016330551.jpg
    983.6 KB · Views: 162
Ok hooked up everything as pictured in Georges files for initial start up choke hooked up no cap yet( ready for later ) have 355 acvolts from psu, no freds and I have no volts going to rectifier tube from 355 ac heres a pic have 6 volts for heater , ???

You have 355 ac volts from psu. Where did you measure this?

You have no volts going to rectifier tube from 355 ac. Where are you measuring no volts at the rectifier?

Have you installed a rectifier tube yet and measured B+ voltage?

Not sure what your "???" question is.

I tested at pin mount t1- red , and yes I did try B+ with 2 different rectifier tubes, checked all pins on tubes only have filament power 4.8volts. ??? are for the fact that I'm a noob and looking for suggestions, since I have reverse mount I'm thinking of pulling out of case and checking all values and components again.

Okay Thank George diodes installed, B+ 440 with JJ GZ34(5ar4), with NOS GE 5U4GB - 415, with NOS Standard 5U4G - 411, with KT88 Genalex red lion have 140 mA, 138 plate volts pin 3 minus pin 8 almost exactly same Triode or UL, not liking cathode feed back. EL34 not as good sounding as KT88's after I get bottom on and feet I take more pics, and then I will hook up to my better speakers.