• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New SSE Build from Texas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I decided to jump into a tube amp and started a Tubelab SSE build. I attached a BOM with all the parts I used. It includes everything, not just board components. Hope it helps anyone else starting.

For my wiring I ended up ordering 18AWG 600V tinned copper PVC from Remington Industries.

Wow, it is nice living close to Mouser here in North Texas. I placed my order at 5pm Tuesday night, by 8pm I received an email that it was out to ship. I received my order the next day by lunch!

I went with Edcor transformers. I placed the order, now wait. Power is XPWR035. The OPT is GXSE15-5K 8Ohm. The choke is a Triad C-14X.

I am into woodworking so I am going to build a custom chassis.

Here are some photos of my board with the resistors and capacitors installed. I will update as I go.

Mike

Attachments

• Resistor board w Caps.jpeg
    Resistor board w Caps.jpeg
    858.2 KB · Views: 365
  • Resistor board back.jpeg
    Resistor board back.jpeg
    674.8 KB · Views: 369
  • Capacitor board.jpeg
    Capacitor board.jpeg
    656.8 KB · Views: 381
  • SSE_BOM_McAleer.xlsx.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 73
The build I am starting mirrors yours. I was unsure about which cathode resistor to go with as well so I added a 3300 ohm resistor to my order. That way I can switch it in parallel to the 680 ohm base value and get ~560 ohm total without having to change anything. At least that is the plan.

Will be watching for your updates :)

Progress update

I received my sockets and got them soldered in. I also received my order from Edcor well within their stated timeframe. I am ready to put everything together now and build the chassis. Since I do woodworking I plan on building a wood frame chassis. I will probably start putting everything together on a board to test the build and determine the chassis size requirements. I will post progress soon.

Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.