Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 24th March 2020, 07:49 PM   #1
bigdh31 is offline bigdh31  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Ready to test SPP

I built it with el84 tubes wired ultralinear and 5ar4 rectifier. The power transformer is an Edcor XPWR008. What would be a good fuse amp rating for testing? If testing goes ok what value fuse would be good for long term use?

To me this amp was a more difficult build than the two sse's I have built because of all the connections, more output tubes and transformer wires, so I am trying to proceed with caution.

I did not put the feedback caps in place yet as I am not sure what they do or if they are needed.

The output transformers are Edcor CXPP25-MS-8K/23% which have 4/8/16 ohm taps. I attached the feedback to the 8 ohm tap.

Any tips or comments would be appreciated.

I put it in a pessant 3u chassis from diyaudiostore. Here is a photo:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spp1.jpg (297.4 KB, 84 views)
Old 4th April 2020, 11:56 PM   #2
Steve Morley is offline Steve Morley  Canada
diyAudio Member

See my SPP build series in the link below. Start with attachment 2. If the pictures look funny it's because I put some components, including the terminal strips, on the bottom of the chassis.

Steve

DIY EL84 Project, Part 5: Optional Volume Control and Input Switch Assembly, Power-Up and Testing | Wall of Sound | Audio and Music Reviews

Ready to test SPPHide this!Advertise here!