Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 1st December 2019, 05:02 PM   #1
martin155 is offline martin155
diyAudio Member

Default Assembly Manual and Parts List for TSE-II

Hi,
is it possible to use Tubelab SE assembly manual and parts list even for TSE-II?
In case the manual and list is just for the old SE pc board where can I can the info for TSE-II, thank you.
Old 2nd December 2019, 01:07 AM   #2
Tubelab_com is offline Tubelab_com  United States
diyAudio Member

The assembly manual for the TSE-II is still being compiled. There have been a few delays that are beyond my control right now which will likely persist until early January.

For now use the parts list (BOM) in post #1 of this thread for the parts to stuff the board. The procedure is pretty much the same as with the old TSE board, as the off board connections. There are also several completed amps in that thread with pictures.

After a 14 year run, the TSE must DIE!
Old 2nd December 2019, 01:25 AM   #3
Duke58 is offline Duke58  United States
diyAudio Member

I had the same questions...the quick answer is you can use the old SE board info. If I'm wrong, someone should correct me.

What I did was read the TSE forums and the Tubelab website. From what I've gleaned from the two is that one or mores solid state devices became obsolete. Otherwise the mod I and mod II boards are the same.

Mr. Tubelab usually will respond to questions on the Tubelab forum here within a day or two. From what I've read, he has had quite a few life changes the past few years and hasn't had time to write the TSE-II assembly manual and parts list.

However, there is a spreadsheet posted with all the parts you can click on and it will give you all the parts from Mouser. Search for TSE-II parts. I just ordered all my parts for a TSE-II board. All the parts listed are available, and all you have to do is click on the link.
Old 2nd December 2019, 09:25 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

For grounding and the motor run capacitor, I used the wiring diagrams given for the Tubelab SSE amp.

Wiring Diagrams | Tubelab
Old 2nd December 2019, 09:26 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

You can also look at lots of pitchers:

Pictures of your Tubelab amp
Old 3rd December 2019, 02:39 AM   #6
Mr_Zenith is offline Mr_Zenith  United States
diyAudio Member

Assembly Manual and Parts List for TSE-II
I read the original TSE docs thoroughly before beginning mine, and it helped immensely. However, I saved the pitchers for after it was up and running.
Old 3rd December 2019, 03:15 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Glad you waited for the pitchers.
Old 3rd December 2019, 09:14 AM   #8
martin155 is offline martin155
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke58 View Post
For grounding and the motor run capacitor, I used the wiring diagrams given for the Tubelab SSE amp.

Wiring Diagrams | Tubelab

So the wiring of SSE is the same with SE or it is usable just for motor run cap ? Can I use the wiring for volume controll?
Old 3rd December 2019, 02:04 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Yes. Input jacks to volume control to left and right inputs on the board.
Old 3rd December 2019, 02:06 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Like this:
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 6.05.11 AM.png (105.6 KB, 78 views)

Assembly Manual and Parts List for TSE-IIHide this!Advertise here!