• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

se power transformer/tube selection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am collecting the parts for my first SE build, being a newbe I have some questions. I have been given an older SE board from a friend and will use that. I have a transformer producing the following:
375 0 375 Volts 150mA
5V 3A
6.3V 5A

I was wanting to use this transformer, any opinions if this will work with 300B tubes.
I also have a Triad choke:
Current 200mA
6 Henries
150 ohms
Could I also use this choke.

From reading up on this forum 300B tubes seem to be popular and thought this would be a good choice to use. What sort of brand is good dollar value 300B's.
I have not figured out which Rectifier tube or OP Transformers yet, thinking something Edcore brand.

Cheers Ron

I have a transformer producing the following:
375 0 375 Volts 150mA
5V 3A
6.3V 5A

That's not suitable for a TSE. It will produce 430 to 450 volts of B+. There is no 300B on the planet that will live long at that voltage. It's also well above the ratings for all the electrolytics on the parts list.

I use transformers like that in the SSE and when feeding two KT88's the B+ is 440 or so with a tube rectifier, and 460+ with solid state.

You need something in the 320 - 0 - 320 volt range.

That choke will work fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.