• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Problems with my SSE any advice welcom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, I got my SSE built and it sounded great. Everyone that heard it agreed. I used it almost every day for 4 or 5 months. Unfortunately, last week, I turned it on and three of the four tubes didn’t light up. More specifically, the two el34 and the rectifier tube. This is my first and only tube amp.

I have not had a chance to open it up. But, thought I would reach out to this very helpful forum and see if anyone can give me some pointers on where or how to start my trouble shooting. Any suggestions welcomed, and I will provide any information needed to help solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Finally got around to opening the amp up. One of the brown wires on my edcor transformer was charred and the pheonix connector had a burn mark.

I cleaned up the wire and tubes started glowing again. But, I now have no sound from one channel and I can smell burning again.

Any advice on where to start would be greatly appreciated. My laptop speakers just do not compare to my sse.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.