• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Grounding the power transformer SSE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm struggling with my voltage regulated SSE. My issue is with grounding the transformer.

I'm setting up one of Tom's "21st Century Maida Regulator" as the power source for my SSE. I'm using a Hammond 712 (850V C.T.) The 2 black wires, from the transformer, connect to the power socket. The 2 red wires are connected to the bridge rectifier that leads to the regulator. That leaves the single yellow wire.

At first I connected it to the star ground that I have beside the power socket. This blew the fuse.

I then connected it to T1-RED-YELLOW terminal on the SSE board. This blew the fuse.

I tried leaving it unconnected and was able to hear music but there was a lot of noise, buzzing. The transformer needs to be grounded. Where should I ground the yellow wire from the transformer?

Attachments

• IEC #1.jpg
    IEC #1.jpg
    720.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IEC #2.jpg
    IEC #2.jpg
    750.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IEC #3.jpg
    IEC #3.jpg
    837.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Whole thing.jpg
    Whole thing.jpg
    799.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Whole thing plus board.jpg
    Whole thing plus board.jpg
    913.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 700sch.gif
    700sch.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 61
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.