• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab build for Alpair 7.3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
George thanks for the guidance I called the supplier and changed the Opt to 1628SEA

This is what I have bought to start off with.

2 x Hammond 1628sea
1 X Hammond 193j
1 X Hammond 374bx
2 x Tungsol 6550 (2nd hand from ebay)
1x Sovtek 5ar4
1x Nos Mullard ecc81
2x k40y 0.22 uf
1xCBB65 100uf 450v motor run vap

I will use either Takman or PRP metal films with Kiwames & Mills resistors, I am hoping very much that this will give me a good result. Not sure about the CBB65 motor run cap It is from China on ebay being sold expressly as a PP motor run cap. The more I read though the more I am beginning to think I should try and find one in the uk from a more reliable source. I will start of with the Tungsols 6550 as they were cheap on ebay as low use items.
I have been looking at possibilities of new old stock tubes and found the 6p3s-e russian ones some of the guitar amp builders seem to use them and rekon they can take 450-500v which makes them worth considering.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.