• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Grounding on a TLSE.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building my wife a SE, so I opened my SE up, so I could follow the wiring. On mine I've run a grnd wire from the board to grnd on the IEC, from the IEC to the metal chassis. For some reason I ran a grnd wire from the IEC to the black posts on the output jacks and the speaker RCAs. It runs dead quiet, but my question is is it necessary to grnd the binding posts and the RCAs? I honestly don't know why I did this in the first place....my old memory isn't kicking in on this one;)

my old memory isn't kicking in on this one

That's the way I wire mine, so it must be written in the assembly manual somewhere, but I haven't read it a long time since I can build these things with my eyes closed.

There are people who don't believe in grounding the black side of the speakers, but I once found an amp with 350 volts on the speaker leads. The OPT had internally shorted but the amp still played. Having the speakers grounded will cause the fuse to blow if this kind of short happens.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.