• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Regulator Temperature

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just finishing up my TSE build. I'm running the 45s with filament current only to see where the temperature stablizes on the Sharp 10M45S regulator. I'm a little paraniod about smoking the little bugger as these are not easy to come by now.

It's setting at about 155 F now after about an hour. A bit too hot to touch comfortably.

The datasheet says: Overheat protection may operate between 125C and 150C. Really, it says may. Haha, that will inspire confidence.

Am I good with the heat sink I have?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.