• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SE with 300b or SSE with KT-90 for lower efficiency speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone!
I'm looking for a single-ended amp that will play nice with low efficiency (~85dB) monitors and a powered sub. I do not listen to music loud, so volume is unlikely to be a problem. However, I realize that dynamics may suffer in my setup.
In my Push-Pull amp, I've experimented a lot with different power tubes, including original black plate Tung Sol 6550, modern Gold Lion KT-88, KT-120, and KT-150. The tube that ticks all the boxes for me is the Ei KT-90. It provides the right amount of warmth and detail with great bass response.
I've always wondered what it would sound like in a single-ended amp.
Given my application, will the SE with 300b or SSE with KT90 give me better dynamics?
Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.