• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Intermittent hum PSU SimpleSE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don’t know if I can remember the specs on my SimpleSE as had it for a good few years. However, on occasion, I have had audible hum from the power transformer.

IIRC: Hammond 374bx
Voltage is around 440 on the tubes, running KT88 with cathode resistor around 560 ohm. Current should be something like 73mA per tube. Even with two tubes and the input tube, current draw is way less than transformer specs.

I have the optional choke and only rune the amp in SE mode.

Sometimes, there is zero hum, when there is, a repowering can fix it, but I don’t like doing that as I worry about inrush from a warm rectifier.

Where would I begin diagnosis?

Suppose, I could check mains voltage, maybe try a different filters outlet in my power conditioner.

Any ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.