• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SSE initial power up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have completed the board and initial wiring for a simple SE and am not getting ac to the amp. I assume I have mucked up the switch or PT wiring but clearly am not sure. I have wired it with an spst toggle switch and am using Edcor xpwr035-120 pt and a 1A 250v slow blow fuse. I have no current with the switch open or closed. The only current I can get off the iec is from the fuse holder to ground. Wire (black) is run from the line terminal on the iec to the switch and from the switch to one of the black wires on the PT and the other black PT wire is attached to the neutral terminal. When I use a lightbulb "limiter" or poor man's variac the bulb does not light. Hopefully there are pictures included. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as a novice.
Thanks for any help.

David

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    787.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpg
    492.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1791.JPG
    IMG_1791.JPG
    804.6 KB · Views: 143
Thank you both for your replies. Somehow I missed the "new" parts despite all my time reviewing posts, but it explains why there are are numerous unused positions on the board, and hopefully will resolve my issue without revealing another. I will also triple check all my soldering and connections.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.