• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SSE - does bias level impact the rectifier tube?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built my SSE in April and just had to replace my JJ GZ34 tube after less than 8 months of use. Amp started making screeching and popping noises shortly after power on. I noticed some flashes (arcing?) inside the GZ34. Replaced with a new GZ34 and all is good again. I suspect it's just a crappy tube but wondering if this is normal or if somethings wrong with my SSE or the way I've set it up.

Five years ago, i’ve use a jjgz34 and have the same problem, arcing, blown fuse, dead rectifier tube.

Have change since then to 5u4gb with no problems and no other modifications.

After rectifier change, Still have the weird noises?

Greetings from [emoji1071]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.