Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 26th February 2020, 01:37 PM   #691
boywonder is offline boywonder  United States
diyAudio Member

Yes the XPR131 was spec'd by member Rknise.....for the TSE....and it's handy if at some point you want to run 300B's. I soldered the unused leads to unused solder tags for safety.
Old 26th February 2020, 05:44 PM   #692
Ezd is offline Ezd  United States
diyAudio Member

I ordered the opt's from Electraprint and xpwr131 from Edcor... I offer another thank you to RKnise for arranging that with Edcor.
Old 26th February 2020, 08:13 PM   #693
itsikhefez is offline itsikhefez  United States
diyAudio Member

After a 14 year run, the TSE must DIE!
Nice! Good luck with your build
Old 28th February 2020, 05:21 AM   #694
Pooch is offline Pooch  United States
diyAudio Member

My board has all components on the bottom side, with just the tube socket and potentiometers on the top. I'm mounting the board under plexiglass, with tube socket and potentiometer hole in the plexiglass. What I need to know is where would I add holes for multimeter grabbers to check for drivers and 300Bs, also B+ and B-. Are the directions in post 542, the best locations? I'm planning on soldering small loops of spare wire to the testing locations, so the grabbers will have something to hook onto. The board will hang a 1/2 inch below the plexiglass and the plexiglass 1/4 inch above the top plate. I figure this might give me some air flow around the board and plexiglass.
Old 29th February 2020, 06:10 PM   #695
jerkbag is offline jerkbag
diyAudio Member

I've been designing my front panel using the front panel express software (thanks so much for the starting point itsikhefez!). For measurements, I placed the TSE-II PDF from the front of this thread on the front panel in the software, and then layed out the drill holes I wanted on top of it visually. I printed out a copy and it looks pretty good.

I wanted a sanity check on this method in case there's discrepancies in the PDF and the actual board, or the way graphics are displayed etc. . .So far, it seems more accurate then trying to measure with those electronic callipers.
Old 1st March 2020, 06:10 AM   #696
pelayostyle is offline pelayostyle  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsikhefez View Post
Here is one that should help you get started.
You'll have to adjust the holes for the transformers, and the PCB standoffs if you dont want to use the ones I did.
This one also has holes for mounting the 4-pin tube sockets to the chassis.
Thanks!
Old 1st March 2020, 07:20 AM   #697
itsikhefez is offline itsikhefez  United States
diyAudio Member

After a 14 year run, the TSE must DIE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkbag View Post
I've been designing my front panel using the front panel express software (thanks so much for the starting point itsikhefez!). For measurements, I placed the TSE-II PDF from the front of this thread on the front panel in the software, and then layed out the drill holes I wanted on top of it visually. I printed out a copy and it looks pretty good.

I wanted a sanity check on this method in case there's discrepancies in the PDF and the actual board, or the way graphics are displayed etc. . .So far, it seems more accurate then trying to measure with those electronic callipers.
That's basically how I did the layout for the tube sockets, standoffs and bias adjustment holes. One sanity check I did was to use the Ruler tool in FPD and ensure the board image size was the same as the physical PCB, 8.5x5.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelayostyle View Post
Thanks!
You're welcome, hope it helps!
Old 3rd March 2020, 05:30 PM   #698
diyAudio Member

For those of you mounting your motor run caps on the top plate -- are you finding nice covers? Or are you panting / polishing the cap itself and I'm seeing the external surface of the cap? In either case, what do I need to search for on mouser for mounting parts?

Thanks!
Old 3rd March 2020, 05:43 PM   #699
kstylianos is offline kstylianos  United States
diyAudio Member

Capacitor Clamps

Capacitor Mounting Clamps
Old 3rd March 2020, 07:12 PM   #700
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstylianos View Post

Thanks! Can be hard to find these things when you don't know what they are called

After a 14 year run, the TSE must DIE!Hide this!Advertise here!