Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2019, 02:45 PM   #521
jerkbag is offline jerkbag
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
Can you point me to the BOM page 1?

IC1 & IC2 are mouse part #s 747-IXCP10M45S, and the notes say:


They are NOT available in an insulated case
and the FULL B+ VOLTAGE is on the metal tab. Insulators and thermal paste MUST be used.



I'm looking for what would be an appropriate insulator for these parts -- thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 03:23 PM   #522
randytsuch is online now randytsuch
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkbag View Post
IC1 & IC2 are mouse part #s 747-IXCP10M45S, and the notes say:


They are NOT available in an insulated case
and the FULL B+ VOLTAGE is on the metal tab. Insulators and thermal paste MUST be used.



I'm looking for what would be an appropriate insulator for these parts -- thanks!
You can search for a to220 insulator

This would work
4880MG Aavid | Mouser

It includes the two things you really need, a thermal insulator and a shoulder washer (so screw can't touch the metal part of tab).
This type of insulator is thermally conductive, so you don't need paste. If you use a mylar insulator, then you need paste too.
__________________
My system is here
http://randytsuch-audio.blogspot.com/2005/10/my-system.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 02:46 PM   #523
jerkbag is offline jerkbag
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by randytsuch View Post
You can search for a to220 insulator

This would work
4880MG Aavid | Mouser

It includes the two things you really need, a thermal insulator and a shoulder washer (so screw can't touch the metal part of tab).
This type of insulator is thermally conductive, so you don't need paste. If you use a mylar insulator, then you need paste too.

Awesome -- thank you!
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 03:38 PM   #524
lykkedk is offline lykkedk  Denmark
diyAudio Member
 
lykkedk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Denmark, Fredericia
Default Goes with 90dB spk. ?

Hi all here

First time on tubeforum, longtime user diyaudio.
I recently finished my new DAC, so now i have nice stereo here. BUT...!

I never had the guts to tryout building a nice tubeamp, but now i think it's about
time... So i have a few quistions; hoping you guy's can answer?

My speakers are 90dB sensitive, my source giving ~2,5v into 2xgain preamp (Salas's DCG3 but with 2xgain) and then entering my Alephj ~12-15watt AMP.
I have a lot of volumecontrol for this as is, and properly i could lover the preamp gain to "nothing" and still have enough.

I cannot seem to find how much this amp. is delivering into 8ohm's speakers,
my guess is that I'm good? Any comment on this?

Also i would like to make my own pcb for it, so if this is okay i would like some pictures of it giving me some idea how it must be layout ( i have good experience doing my own pcb's, both on factory with gerbers, but also handmade old fashion style )...

And excuse my schoolish English, i am not native in this language sry.

Best Regards from Jesper/Denmark
__________________
DCG3 Dual DCSTB, AK4490 Dual SuperDAC
AlephJ Mimi! http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-...mimi-mini.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2019, 06:08 PM   #525
csample is offline csample  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Wisconsin
After a 14 year run, the TSE must DIE!
I have also been wanting to know what the gain for a 300B TSE-II amplifier is. Does anyone know approximately what the gain is?
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2019, 08:04 PM   #526
elobilo is offline elobilo  Norway
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tønsberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by lykkedk View Post
Hi all here

First time on tubeforum, longtime user diyaudio.
I recently finished my new DAC, so now i have nice stereo here. BUT...!

I never had the guts to tryout building a nice tubeamp, but now i think it's about
time... So i have a few quistions; hoping you guy's can answer?

My speakers are 90dB sensitive, my source giving ~2,5v into 2xgain preamp (Salas's DCG3 but with 2xgain) and then entering my Alephj ~12-15watt AMP.
I have a lot of volumecontrol for this as is, and properly i could lover the preamp gain to "nothing" and still have enough.

I cannot seem to find how much this amp. is delivering into 8ohm's speakers,
my guess is that I'm good? Any comment on this?

Also i would like to make my own pcb for it, so if this is okay i would like some pictures of it giving me some idea how it must be layout ( i have good experience doing my own pcb's, both on factory with gerbers, but also handmade old fashion style )...

And excuse my schoolish English, i am not native in this language sry.

Best Regards from Jesper/Denmark
I built the SEII with 300b and using an oscilloscope to measure, I was getting the standard 8w into 8ohms.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2019, 08:07 PM   #527
elobilo is offline elobilo  Norway
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tønsberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by csample View Post
I have also been wanting to know what the gain for a 300B TSE-II amplifier is. Does anyone know approximately what the gain is?
I don't know precise figures, but the gain is high. I don't need a pre amp but connect my DAC Directly to the amp, and control the volume levels from the amp.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2019, 05:38 PM   #528
csample is offline csample  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Wisconsin
After a 14 year run, the TSE must DIE!
Thanks elobilo, I will measure gain when I finish my amp and post it as a reference point for other builds. But it sounds safe to include an attenuator in my amp build so I can run the amp direct from the source. What is a suitable resistance for the attenuator 50K? 100K?. I would really like to get the right value for this because I am planning to make a stepped ladder attenuator and I will probably have a fair amount of time invested in putting it together. An input would be much appreciated.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2019, 10:55 PM   #529
w5jag is offline w5jag  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arkansas
The mu of the front end tubes is 40 to 50 depending on the type; the finals are much less - an RCA 45 is about 3.5, and a 300B is not much more, maybe 3.75. RCA 2A3's are about 4.

So, not really a high gain amp; it helps to have a lot of drive.
__________________
Win W5JAG
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2019, 01:26 AM   #530
itsikhefez is offline itsikhefez  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
After a 14 year run, the TSE must DIE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by csample View Post
What is a suitable resistance for the attenuator 50K? 100K?
In this post, George recommends 50K and lower:
Tubelab SSE potentiometer value determination

I went with a 20K DACT attenuator... got it from pcX when they had their typical 25% off sales
  Reply With Quote

Reply


After a 14 year run, the TSE must DIE!Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY'er of the Year! CanAm Man Pass Labs 2 2nd January 2015 11:26 PM
Happy New Year..."Happy New Year" to all . Best Wishes and God Bless Albert Walfie Fixer The Lounge 12 1st January 2012 12:02 PM
Baaa...New Year same as the Old Year T in AZ The Lounge 36 7th January 2010 10:06 PM
xp20 year oct 08/xp20 year 2009 GUSTAV1966 Pass Labs 2 12th December 2009 05:26 PM
Best New Year Yonnat Pass Labs 0 1st January 2004 12:02 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 14.29%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio
Wiki