Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 15th May 2019, 01:18 AM   #231
Tubelab_com is offline Tubelab_com  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
We can still use them here.
Come to think of it....I have never seen a 4 stroke chain saw.....

Well I spent about 3 hours on the old mower today. That B&S never ran so good as it did today. Still has the hammer straightened push rod and the valve guide hammered back into the head. I did set (by eyeball) the valve lash on both heads since they were both really loose and re gap the old plugs. I think the best improvement was moving the loose ignition coil back where it belonged and tightening the mounting bolts. I had pulled the flywheel to check the key before I found the mangled pushrod.

I also have the first stack of TSE-II boards ready for the post office tomorrow morning. I may get another batch out Thursday if orders arrive, but I won't guarantee it......otherwise, its Monday.
Old 15th May 2019, 03:02 PM   #232
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

I don't see the TSE II on your website. Is it ready for prime time and available for purchase?

I have a prospective customer whom I would like to send your way as I'm no longer in the tube amp business. Having a website to point to would make that a lot easier.

Tom
Old 15th May 2019, 03:41 PM   #233
tubestyle is offline tubestyle  Canada
diyAudio Member

I don't know why, but I have a picture on my mind with George on a pimped mower going with the boards to the post office
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 15th May 2019, 04:53 PM   #234
diyAudio Member

No such luck, the boards go to the post office either in my 11 year old Honda Element which is totally stock, or in the mail girl's Jeep.

The mower was declared dead when I found it being left outside for years and buried halfway up the tires in mud. I have done just what I needed to to keep it running for 5 years. Yesterday I got it running and installed just enough parts to make it usable, things like an air filter and the belts. The bare flywheel with fan blades attached was spinning on top of the engine and the hood was left off. I really wanted to watch for oil leaks since I reused all the old gaskets.

I'm out zipping back in forth along the dirt road we live on (hence the air filter) and I see a Fedex truck pull up to the entrance of the road and stop. On the next pass I see the driver standing next to the truck, on the next pass I see him frantically waving a large yellow envelope, so I shut the blades off and drive the smoking (minor oil leak) beast toward him. As I approach and he spots the spinning fan of death, and backs up so I shut it off.

He has seen the mower and me before, but not me driving "half a mower like a mad man." My wife usually rides the big mower and I push the little one around the obstacles. He explains that they have him driving a "damn buss" and he can't turn it around down the single lane dirt road.

Well, I must go now.....I have to do my part in mowing the church property. They have good equipment.
Old 16th May 2019, 08:06 PM   #235
Mr_Zenith is offline Mr_Zenith  United States
diyAudio Member

After a 14 year run, the TSE must DIE!
Quote:
...He has seen the mower and me before, but not me driving "half a mower like a mad man."...
Can't help but think of this scene from Funny Farm - but with the roles reversed...
Old 16th May 2019, 08:22 PM   #236
jgx is offline jgx  Spain
diyAudio Member

Hello George!

What is the way to order one TSEII pcb? I have tried to contact to the email in the webpage, but I have no response, I guess that I have any problem with me email or you are so busy preparing orders. May I pay the pcb using paypal 40+15$ international shipping in order to order one pcb, and you send the pcb when you have time? Or I have to contact you before make the payment?
Old 17th May 2019, 12:32 AM   #237
diyAudio Member

My internet service has been intermittent for the last two weeks. The cable company had been to our house twice and changed most everything, but the problem is outside. Our neighbors are affected also, and it only happens when it's windy or raining. They still don't get it. It's still messed up, as is the TV and phone service. I am currently using hotel internet.

I saw your email but lost my connection before answering it. I am currently away from home until Saturday night. Any orders that come in during my absence will be sent Monday morning. Yes the 40+15 USD (not Euros) via Paypal will be good for shipment to Spain. Your address was in the email, so I already know where to send it and that you want the TSE-II, so no further contact is needed. I will send out the tracking number after shipment even if I have to use the computer at my daughter's house.

I am at the Dayton hamfest today, tomorrow and Saturday. I have got a big box full of BIG sweep tubes, and a few little tubes......but zero 4 pin sockets. I brought a sample of what I want and Stan at ESRC will get them for me. Delivery time is unknown, they have to come from China. The big sweeps are for the UN-SET....
Old 17th May 2019, 02:28 AM   #238
9050lx is offline 9050lx  United States
diyAudio Member

I think I will wait to find out if a board with all the goodies is in order.Have you thought about selling complete populated boards? Or maybe boards with just the semiconductors?
Old 17th May 2019, 07:15 AM   #239
jgx is offline jgx  Spain
diyAudio Member

Ok George

Thanks!
Old 17th May 2019, 02:56 PM   #240
Grumpish is offline Grumpish  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Now that the first batch of boards are shipping, is there an updated parts list? Or are the "missing" items in the TSE II BOM that was posted a few weeks back the same as for the original TSE?

After a 14 year run, the TSE must DIE!Hide this!Advertise here!