Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 10th October 2018, 10:17 PM   #1
MDWingsFan is offline MDWingsFan
diyAudio Member

Default Power Transformer for SSE Build

I'm beginning to put together a purchase list for my SSE build. I've come across a Stancor P-6013 power transformer that meets all the spec's save the current rating of 175mA. It comes in at 120 mA. I've included the link to it for perusal. I'm kind of liking the idea of finding some old transformers like this for both the power and output. Kind of clean them up and blend the new and old...

Thoughts?

Vintage Stancor P-6013 Tube Power Transformer 350V-0V-350V 120mA, 5V 6.3V | eBay

Eric
Old 10th October 2018, 11:12 PM   #2
debije is offline debije  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

This transformer most likely can not be used since it only has 120 ma. I have a vintage guitar amp tranformer in my SSE. I am happy with it but using this vintage stuff comes with other problems. I live in Europe and mains voltage used to be 220V and now it is around 230 - 235V. This raises all secondary voltages, which in this case isn't a problem with the HT but is with the heather voltages and can reduce tube life. To solve the problem, I use a bucking transfomer, it lowers the mains voltage to around 220V.

Power Transformer for SSE BuildHide this!Advertise here!