• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Problem loading Tubelab website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• tubelab trojan.jpg
    tubelab trojan.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I don't think it is cool to post this sort of stuff on the open forums as it can damage a site's reputation and if you are not 100% sure it really is unfair to do so.

This happened to me about 4 years ago, there was nothing on my site.

Have you contacted tubelab directly or just posted it here?

I can see every page on the site and get no virus warning from either of my PC's. I am using Firefox with Malwarebytes on one PC and Chrome on the other. I can't do much about this from my end, but I did grab a screen shot from your post and emailed it to my web hosting company.

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Want to change the title of your thread? Anyone scanning the front page is just going to read that tubelab has a virus.

It's an amazing resource. In between esp audio, tubelab and Nelson, that's the vast bulk of what I've learned about audio and amps.

Let's not diminish the hours and effort those sites represent. :)

Hi Tubelab,
Thanks for the response. I love your work and your website. The problem is clearly at my end as one would usually guess be the case. To the rest of you, thanks for the information and suggestions. Some useful courses of action that should have occurred to me.

I can now see how that thread title might be damaging to a persons business and I appologise. I feel chastened.

I have limited admin privileges in my forum, but changing a thread title does not appear as a choice. Either way someone changed it, and I assumed that anyone reading the whole thread would come to the same conclusion I did.

I sent an email to my hosting company and did not get a response. Either they didn't find anything, or didn't bother to look.

I have limited admin privileges in my forum, but changing a thread title does not appear as a choice. Either way someone changed it, and I assumed that anyone reading the whole thread would come to the same conclusion I did.

I sent an email to my hosting company and did not get a response. Either they didn't find anything, or didn't bother to look.

I found some information with a quick Google on similar issues experienced on other websites from my phone the other day - appears as though if you follow a reference base article ESET have on their website, grab screenshots etc, then flick that off to them in an email they can have the false positive removed from the system. Unfortunately my phone completely kicked the bucket on Monday so I have to re-find those pages - once I have done so I'll PM you with the info. Either way it definitely appears to be a false positive issue with ESET (who make nod32)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.