• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Check out on TSE B+ question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in the check out on my first new TSE build now i have only the 5AR4 in the amp, and I have 360V over the R30 and -200 over R7. the filment of the output tubes = 2,48 volt.

Is it normal to have B+ at 360v with Hammond power transformer 370 EX 275-0-275 volt 144mA and C4=5uF 350volt. the choke is a Hammond 158M 10H 190 ohm.
I have made the 240v connection and I have 230 volt in my house here in Denmark.

My question is how can it be that the B+ is that high.?

Last edited:
I have now adjust the bias pot R12 and R 23 to the most negativ voltage (-123v)
Then I have put in the 5842 and adjust the cathode pots to 175v it seams to be stabil.
I have now 350volt across R30. Is it to high? Will the voltage go down when the output tubes are in ?

My question is now : Is it save or wise to go to the next step and put in the output tubes with a load connected to the amp? Ithink the 350 volt is very high or is it ok ?

Can or will somebody please answer and help me with this B+ question? Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback, that was the info. I hoped for. I Was not sure about it because I do not have the knowledge yet, but I am learning.
I set in the power tubes, and B+ get to 320v for a hour the bias get up and down 20-35 mA But then B+ get steady to 296v and I bias 28mA and play music for 10 hour´s and it is still steady. Fantastic amplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.