Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 6th January 2018, 10:33 AM   #1
moggi1964 is offline moggi1964  England
diyAudio Member

Default A great fan if you need help cooling your amp

I know some people have issues cooling their amps so thought I would share this.

I bought the AC Infinity MULTIFAN S4, Quiet 140mm USB Fan for Receiver DVR Playstation Xbox Computer Cabinet Cooling off of Amazon.

It sits on rubber feet, has Low/Med/High settings from an off fan control and runs off a USB plug (could be wired direct of course).

This thing puts out a huge amount of air and is so very quiet you don't know it is on on the first two settings and I have to get my ear next to the amp to hear the high setting and that's with the amp off. It sits 1" high so you don't need a huge amount of vertical space for it. I believe they do a smaller footprint 120mm fan too.

I built my TSE with some space underneath the PCB to help airflow and some vents in the top plate to let the heat out (I also used larger than recommended heatsinks where required). The air from the fan can be felt on the low setting passing through the vents on the top plate.
Old 7th January 2018, 09:31 PM   #2
DaMuffinMan is offline DaMuffinMan  United States
diyAudio Member

Need pictures or it didn't happen!
Old 7th January 2018, 09:36 PM   #3
globalplayer is offline globalplayer  Germany
diyAudio Member

Yes.
We need pictures, frequency response, damping factor, impedance and thd measurements.
Old 8th January 2018, 10:11 PM   #4
moggi1964 is offline moggi1964  England
diyAudio Member

It's under here
Attached Images
File Type: png TSE Copper and Walnut.png (338.0 KB, 73 views)

A great fan if you need help cooling your ampHide this!Advertise here!