|31st December 2017, 05:30 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Chicago, IL
Help with Wiring SSE--Edcor XPWR059
I need some help. Here's my issue.
I bought an Edcor power transformer as cited on the Tubelab page (see Tubes and Applications | Tubelab). George cited it as basically a clone to the Hammond 374BX.
I am trying to figure out how to wire this thing to the PC board and want to make sure I'm right.
Here are some pictures:
Here is what's confusing me:
1. Are the center tap wires the striped wires?
2. What do I do with the striped wires for yellow and brown?
3. The Edcor instruction diagram for 120V operation (first pic) says to connect the Black and Green together and the Black/White and Green/White together. Can I just gently twist these together and have there ends/leads together move forward?
4. I think George hints that certain center tap wires may not be used at all with this type of power transformer. Which one's would these be? And if I'm not using them do I just terminate them into a wire nut or something for safety?
5. I want to figure out how my colors correspond with George's wiring diagrams.
2 Green--connect to TI-GRN on PCB
2 Red--connect to T1-RED on PCB
1 Orange (dashed/striped)--connect to T1-RED-YEL on PCB
2 Yellow--connect to T1-YEL on PCB
2 Black--connect 1 to power switch and connect 1 to fused IEC.
I was going to try to explain what I think I'm supposed to do with the Edcor's wires but I may confuse myself more. I think it might be best to admit that I'm not sure what to do with all of them to be safe and let the expert's help me.
Your help will be super appreciated! Thank you kindly in advance!
Last edited by Cifte12AU7; 31st December 2017 at 05:59 PM. Reason: bad links
|31st December 2017, 10:23 PM||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New York City
I believe I can help you sort this out:
yellows are yellow
Reds are red
Your black and red wire is the high voltage center tap wire that is red/yellow striped on George's diagram.
the brown wires on the Edcor are the SSE's greens
You won't be using the grey wires or white/yellow wire or the white/brown wire. putting wire nuts on the end of each wire works.
How you deal with power leads depends on how you are connecting them to the power.
Hope this helps.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Edcor CXSE CFB wiring.||YashN||Tubelab||6||11th July 2014 09:56 PM|
|Help me understand Edcor wiring?||Futureman||Tubes / Valves||4||11th May 2013 03:50 PM|
|Simple SE - Edcor XPWR059 240v wiring||mudchute||Tubelab||25||23rd March 2013 03:51 PM|
|Edcor XPWR059 power problem||webby||Tubes / Valves||15||16th April 2011 07:53 PM|
|Simple SE + Edcor XPWR059 power problem||webby||Tubelab||4||14th April 2011 06:28 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|