• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Help with Wiring SSE--Edcor XPWR059

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All!

I need some help. Here's my issue.

I bought an Edcor power transformer as cited on the Tubelab page (see Tubes and Applications | Tubelab). George cited it as basically a clone to the Hammond 374BX.

I am trying to figure out how to wire this thing to the PC board and want to make sure I'm right.

Here are some pictures:

Here is what's confusing me:

1. Are the center tap wires the striped wires?

2. What do I do with the striped wires for yellow and brown?

3. The Edcor instruction diagram for 120V operation (first pic) says to connect the Black and Green together and the Black/White and Green/White together. Can I just gently twist these together and have there ends/leads together move forward?

4. I think George hints that certain center tap wires may not be used at all with this type of power transformer. Which one's would these be? And if I'm not using them do I just terminate them into a wire nut or something for safety?

5. I want to figure out how my colors correspond with George's wiring diagrams.

George's Diagrams:
2 Green--connect to TI-GRN on PCB
2 Red--connect to T1-RED on PCB
1 Orange (dashed/striped)--connect to T1-RED-YEL on PCB
2 Yellow--connect to T1-YEL on PCB
2 Black--connect 1 to power switch and connect 1 to fused IEC.

My Edcor:

1 Black
1 Black/White
1 Green
1 Green/White
2 Red
1 Red/Black
2 Yellow
1 White/Yellow
2 Brown
1 White/Brown
2 Gray

I was going to try to explain what I think I'm supposed to do with the Edcor's wires but I may confuse myself more. I think it might be best to admit that I'm not sure what to do with all of them to be safe and let the expert's help me.

Your help will be super appreciated! Thank you kindly in advance!

Last edited:
I believe I can help you sort this out:

yellows are yellow
Reds are red

Your black and red wire is the high voltage center tap wire that is red/yellow striped on George's diagram.

the brown wires on the Edcor are the SSE's greens

You won't be using the grey wires or white/yellow wire or the white/brown wire. putting wire nuts on the end of each wire works.

How you deal with power leads depends on how you are connecting them to the power.

Hope this helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.