• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Quick thoughts on rectifier arcing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tested my Se on the bench and everything went fine. Soldered the choke, and OPT's and put the whole thing into the case. Fired up and the rectifier arced so I quickly shut her down.

Soldering looks fine and tests for conductivity.

Box is wood and top plate is copper. Tests well for grounding.

Decided it will need to wait till after Christmas before I can look at it but wondered if there are any obvious places to look given the rectifier arced?

Ta and Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Here's a pic

Attachments

• Amp.png
    Amp.png
    366.8 KB · Views: 133
Tested my Se on the bench and everything went fine. Soldered the choke, and OPT's and put the whole thing into the case. Fired up and the rectifier arced so I quickly shut her down.

Soldering looks fine and tests for conductivity.

Box is wood and top plate is copper. Tests well for grounding.

Decided it will need to wait till after Christmas before I can look at it but wondered if there are any obvious places to look given the rectifier arced?

Ta and Merry Christmas!

I assume it was also unearthed when uncased. In which case (!) you might want to check for short circuit or low ohms readings from chassis/earth to choke and/or output or power transformer windings?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.