• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TSE 300B Initial checkout problems. Help please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building a TSE with 300B tubes and the initial checkout is not going well.

My B+ 457 Volts, 5842 plate voltage is also 457 Volts, and R5 (270 Ohm 2W) glows red.

My power transformer is an Edcor XPWR131-120 with the following wiring
W 330 V CT T1-1
Y
2.5 V T1-2
Y 2.5 V T1-3
R 330 V T1-4
O 330 V T1-5
BR 3.15 V T1-6
WBR 3.15 V CT T1-7
BR 3.15 V T1-8
Thanks much in advance for any and all assistance.

If C6 is short, you will have no negative bias and the output valve will complain by getting extremely hot very quickly.
Full HT on the anode of the 5842s is a bias issue on those valves. If they are not biased correctly, (turned off) full HT will be on the anodes.
Sort out your -ve bias voltage first. One step at a time.

Last edited:
Gentlemen,

I just changed my transformer secondary to 260-0-260 and I now have B+ = 414 Volts and B- = -195.

I also changed the filament wiring as suggested by calnago55.

I still do not think that I am out of the woods because all other forum posts I find for 300B TSE use the 330-0-330 windings.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.