• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

A few questions before I begin on the SSE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All!

First off, let me say that this forum is super helpful as it's chocked full of information and data.

I have a few questions that I was hoping folks could answer before I get cracking on the Tubelab SSE.

1. Choke. I am leaning toward using a choke. Is this choke sufficient or overkill? Fixed Hammond 193J 10H 200MA.

193J Hammond Manufacturing | Mouser

I do not plan on using the amp with very sensitive loudspeakers.

2. What gauge and type of wire do folks recommend using for spots where I will need to jump two points (e.g. solid state tube rectifier switch (SW1), as I'll be rectifying by tube only) or where I'm adding something in like a supplemental power supply capacitor?

3. What values/tolerances are ideal for the supplemental power supply capacitor?

For a Power Transformer, I'm using an Edcor XPWR059 (Primary (Input) Voltage: 120Vrms or 240Vrms, 50/60Hz.) For Output Transformers, I'm using Edcor CXSE25-5K (Secondary (Output) Impedance: 6 Ω).

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.