• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SSE's on YouTube!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So here I've been taking my sweet time on getting my SSE completed and last night I was surfing YouTube on my TV and decided to do a search for Tubelab SSE's and low and behold there were 4 videos of the amp and one for a dog.

For the most part they were still not completely assembled but they were running and playing music.

Now I'm motivated to at least hook up my completed PCB, transformers, choke, motor run cap, and a power switch so I can at least prove to myself that I can put together an amp that will do what it's supposed to do. After I get to that point I can then move on to putting it all in a chassis.

Hopefully by Sunday night I'll be playing tunes.

I do have one question and it's not really electronics related. I'm using Edcore USA transformers and I have a chassis (enclosure) Landfall Systems made for me out of aluminum. I'm thinking full assembled and painted blue to match the transformers would look cool.

Does anyone know a Krylon equivalent blue I can use to paint the enclosure?

Thanks.

Finishing SSE

Finishing your SSE can be done!
Believe me, I did.
When it came time to assemble the pieces I thought 90% done. It took a lot longer to wire it than I thought it would. Be very particular in connecting everything. Make sure each connection is good. Use the basis triode set up first.
Follow Ty's check out proceedure, there is a link.
Have patience. From one that needed it.
It is worth it.
Mine fills the room.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.