• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Alternatives to the 2SK2700

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm interested in putting together a powerdrive circuit for an 845 amp that I've got built. I'd like to replace the fairly tame class A1 capable driver stage that I'm currently using.

I've discovered though, a lack of 2SK2700 mosfets.. I could order on ebay, but I kind of hate ordering stuff from China.

Are there any other compatible mosfets out there that would be suitable for the powerdrive as implemented on this page 845 SE | Tubelab ?

I've been searching online to find equivalent mosfets, and I'm coming up with stuff that is severely lacking in many of the specs I've found for the 2SK2700.

One suggestion was the STP3NK90ZFP.. But it's got a much lower power dissipation rating, and much higher drain-source resistance..
In trying to match up specs on Mouser's website, I've found parts like the Cree C3M0065090D http://mouser.com/ProductDetail/Cre...fT7raD8v7sJKQWPXTvN7IFrDEDiDpnHams%2bSBZJ8w==, but rds-on is higher 90mOhm, power dissipation is lower @ 125W, but continuous drain current is MUCH higher though 36A..

Or the Fairchild FQA11N90_F109 http://mouser.com/ProductDetail/Fai...=sGAEpiMZZMshyDBzk1/Wi2h9uecfVnmSNyG138FKIdM=.. Which looks somewhat similar, although higher rds-on..

What are the important specs with regard to the powerdrive circuit as implemented in the 845SE tubelab page.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Hello,
one of my 2SK2700 is gone to the mosfets paradise.
Now I need new mosfets, there are many ideas but the only good report is about the IRF830A. A genuine 2SK3563 or 2SK2700 in impossible to find.
There in any new in this 2016?
My TSE is silent today.
Regards
Guglielmo
Italy

I ended up using the 2SK3564 2SK3564(STA4,Q,M) Toshiba Semiconductor and Storage | Discrete Semiconductor Products | DigiKey
It seems to work well.. I also like the fact that this one has an isolated tab, so no need to use mica pad or insulating collar or anything like that.

I will try to keep the list in post #1 up to date here:

After a 14 year run, the TSE must DIE!

I don't build amps like I used to. The last BOM update was in July 2020, and unless I hear from someone that a part has gone extinct, I have no way of knowing it.

I tend to get mosfets by the 10's or more depending on quantity breaks and my current consumption rate (most die in experiments). I still have some 2SK2700's, NDF02N60ZH, NDF04N60ZH, and several others.

The STF3LN80K5 is the current "mosfet of the week". That's what's in both my TSE-II's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.