• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TSE pre checkout check.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

I've put my 300b SE together ready for its first check and adjustment (I hope) but I would like to double check my wring first particularly the volume pot.

I'm using the Edcor XPWR131-240 PT.

So far I have:

TI-1 = White - HV centre tap
TI-2 = Yellow - 2.5v
TI-3 = Yellow - 2.5v
TI-4 = Orange - 330v
TI-5 = Red - 330v
TI-6 = White/Brown - 3.15v centre tap
TI-7 = Brown - 3.15v
TI-8 = Brown - 3.15v

The remaining transformer wires, are these used? Unless I've missed something I'm assuming they're for other configurations? These are:

White/Yellow - 2.5v centre tap
White/Orange - 260v
Black/Red - 260v

Re the volume, I'm guessing:

L-1 = Left channel ground
L-2 = Left channel signal

R-1 = Right channel ground
R-2 = Right channel signal

Thanks guys.

Will it all go up in smoke...

I took the plunge, Board is grounded, everything hooked up and first power up done.

With the rectifier tube in and nothing else I'm getting 425v of b+.

I need another meter before I can start on the rest. Is it fair for the b+ to be so high with no other tubes in?

So, here I am so far.

B+ is 345ish volts.

Both 300b's are stable at 69ma.

Both driver tubes are stable at 177 volts.

Sounds great so far, concerned that the drivers tubes, on start up are drawing big volts before settling down, mid 200ish volts, is it a time bomb? I have a cl90 on the iec's live terminal, can I put one elsewhere?

Also, I have 36k resistors in r25 & r14, I was expecting a b+ of nearer 400v?

20140709_205753.jpg

Happy day today :)

First start up today. The 5842 voltages are concerning. The left channel goes to approx 200v then settles to 170v. The right channel goes to just over 300v before dropping to 170v. The right channel also lags behind the left in playing music and r9 is turned down a good amount less than r20?

Should I be worried?

I've swapped the 5842's around and the fault followed the tube...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.