• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SSE Troubleshooting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
trying to power SSE first time - nothing good:mad:
can hear some hum from speakers and not loud music (can hear only if i put my ear inside speaker).

I've checked B+ and find that it is too high (about 540V at the rectifier and ~510V after choke). filament also with overvoltage. Finally find that i have almost 250VAC in my power AC outlet (power transformer primary wired for 220VAC). Hopefully can wire primary for 240VAC and after that got 495V after rectifier and 475V B+, but amplifier still don't work. I am affraid that 2 ICs burned because i can measure full B+ at A(+) terminal (both side of R14/R24 have same B+ voltage) and nothing on plate 12AT7 and G and K terminals of 10M45S.

Any advises how can i check ICs and 12AT7?

I am newbie for analog devices and sorry for my English

Hey Oxothuk-

Your English is fine!

The CCS's are 450V rated so they may have been fried. Are you sure they are installed with the correct orientation (different if they're on the top than if they're on the bottom)? Maybe someone can tell you how to best test whether they are fried without disassembling your board.

Don't give up, because this amp will be worth it once it is working.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.