• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TSE Parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I've just ordered some parts for the Tubelab SE from Digi-Key. They didn't have the FRED diodes in stock and the Toshiba 2SK3863 are now obsolete and unavailable. They also didn't have the dual heat sink HS219-ND. Does anyone out there know of a source for the Toshiba Mosfets and heatsinks or suitable substitutes? If you have any extras, I'm willing to buy.
Thanks,
David

Hello Gentlemen,
You guys are very helpful, too helpful I'm afraid. Now, I have four or maybe more choices of mosfets to choose from:

1. TK4A60D(Q)-ND Suggested by pso. Please tell me if you've used this part and if it works properly.

2. FDPF5N50NZ-ND Beeah said he would use this part. Beeah, how did it work out?

3. 2SK3565-ND Evanc used this part but it is now obsolete. Would a 2sk3564 work?

4. IRF830APBF-ND This part was used by Alco and it worked fine for him.

So gentlemen, which shall it be #1,2,3,4, or other?
Thanks
David

These guys delivered to me in the UK last month ...
----------
This is Vanessa from Hongkong Hungyick Trading Co.
2SK3563 TOSHIBA TO-220   4PCS $5.00/pcs NEW And Original
Delivery time: arrange immediately once customer paid,usually 2-3days
Quality guaranteed period : 90days
----------

about those MOSFETs....

I'm curious about the required voltage rating of the MOSFETs......in the TubelabSE it appears that the source-drain voltage can be high, especially when running 300B's at 375-400V or so, since the -ve rail can be upwards (downwards?) of -300V for a difference of 700V or so. It would seem like the 500V rated parts wouldn't stand much of a chance. Are the 2SK3563's and other 500V rated parts only appropriate when running 45's?

Is it as simple as looking at the source-to-drain voltage difference? I suppose the 20K/36K R connected to the source side has something to do with it......do those R's drop all of the voltage?

Last edited:
I have been gathering parts for so long that...

I got my TSE board on May 2007 and at the time the 2SK2700 was still available here and there and I got some. I also have some 2SK3563 I acquired more recently - the result of "well maybe..." type thought process that means I also have five different sets of coupling caps. I expect there are fellow sufferers out there.

So which is preferable? From the Crss graphs I have it looks like the 2SK2700 may have a lower capacitance but more variable with voltage whereas the 2SK3563 has about 7pF but dead flat.

I do get round to making things BTW. I will post some pictures of my SSE later.

Andrew

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.