• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

high pass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been listening to my tubelab SE for a while now and to say this thing sounds great is an understatement.

I have been using a ss amp to supplement the lowest frequencies, about 100 hz down. I tried a pllxo before the tubelab amp to filter out the lowest frequencies and did not like the results. Maybe the cheap caps I used were the culprit.

I am thinking of just changing the coupling caps in the amp for a 0.1 uf caps. Is this a valid idea? It would still allow the lowest frequencies to get to the input tube, but would leave out the extra caps that a pllxo would add.
Thanks as always..Evan

I ran my system active for some time and feel that I like the sound better when I use my active crossover for only the lowest frequencies, and let the signal go right to the main amp. I tried a first order passive line level crossover and did not love the sound. Again maybe this was due to me using a cheap film cap. Going the less is more route it seems if I could attenuate the lowest frequencies by adjusting the value of a part that is all ready in the signal path it would be better then adding another capacitor to the signal path....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.