• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Psu tubelabse

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!

Since my power transformer only puts out 300 v i used SS diods insteed of tube. I used the buv26e.
My sound have been ok, but it have been a bit dist in the song, but i didn't hear it from the instruments...
Today i put 2 caps 22nF parallel with the diods. 75% of the dist sound disappered :)
Anyone know how to kill the rest? :)

Thanks //Daniel

It's a bit hard to say what might be going on without some sort of measurements. If one pursues the theory that bypassing the diodes reduced leakage flux from your power transformer, maybe bypassing the heater rectifiers will improve it further? What is the VA rating of your transformer? Does it get very hot? What is your chassis layout like? What is the chassis made out of?

Power transformer is a Hammond 372jX. 243VA and it's not getting hot..
My chassis is made from steel. I can upload some pic's later in the week..
Around 2 weeks from now i can have a scope home and "see" if there is some problems with B+..any idea?

Thanks //Daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.