• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TubelabSE left 5842 drift

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!

Enjoying my TSE with 300b tubes. Think after 20 h that the sound is really good :) I have a small problem with my left channel. Nothing i hear but i need to adjust the 175 V at 5842 tube all the time..

After 30 min it has drift +/- 10V while the right channel is steady (+/- 1V).
Maybe it is the tube. I haven't swaped them yet but maybe i do that tonight..

What can do this except for the 5842 tube?

Thanks //Daniel

Keep in mind that the 5842 is not fixed bias. If it's drifting it's because the cathode bias and active plate load is compensating for changes in cathode current. It could also be the CCS that's drifting, but that is not likely. Does the CCS have an adequate heat sink?

The drift itself is nothing to worry about, but it could be a sign of some other issue.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.