• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelad SE new build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum, reached here recently while searching for alternative diodes for D2 and D3 on SE board. I have got the materials required and the diodes are on their way thanks to all the suggestions over here.

I started soldering the stuff and hit a wall. I can't find Mylar insulation film for D1 and U1. I am trying to find it locally in Canton, OH but not able to find it. Can someone suggest where to find this material.

I got the the insulator not at radioshack but a local electronics repair shop and did finish populating the board. Now waiting for Edcor to ship transformers. Planning to solder wires for power connections and use a terminal strip to connect transformers. This will be done when I get back home after call. Edcor order placed on 5/5 hopefully they will ship soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20110528_100940.jpg
    IMG_20110528_100940.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_20110528_100945.jpg
    IMG_20110528_100945.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 392
isopropyl alcohol aka rubbing alcohol. Get a shallow metal/glass pan and soak the thing in it for 30-60 minutes and then wipe the big chunks off with paint brushes while its soaking. If you can get the stuff to 60c it cleans 10x faster. Problem is heating alcohol safely. I use sonic cleaners with heaters built in, or incubators. Never use the stove or microwave :(

TSE wiring and layout shcematic

Hi Friends,

Can someone please verify my wiring connections on TSE. I am worried about speaker terminals, and RCA input connections to R1, R2 and L1, L2.
I used single line to depict grounding for multiple items in the schematic, I will be using individual grounds for each item. Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.