• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

PWR XFMR wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I am rebuilding my Simple SE amp and I have a PWR XFMER question. I am using the Edcor PWR035 XFMR and thought I had taken enough pictures of how I wired it before taking it apart but apperentlly not:rolleyes: From the Edcor schematics, it looks like the black and black/white wires are for the 115V power input and return. The two green cables I am not sure of. They do not show up on the schematic and they do not seem to be ground cables? If I ohm them to the chassis ground, it is an open circuit. Should these green wires be grounded?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7448 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7448 (Medium).JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 157
No they are not. From the diagram, the ceter tap wire for the 370V and the 6.3V I have taped up since they are not used, these are shown in the diagram.
Besides the two green wires there are also a pair of grey wires that are not shown in the diagram. I have also taped these up since I do not know where they go?

No they are not. From the diagram, the ceter tap wire for the 370V and the 6.3V I have taped up since they are not used, these are shown in the diagram.
Besides the two green wires there are also a pair of grey wires that are not shown in the diagram. I have also taped these up since I do not know where they go?

I'd contact Edcor directly. I e-mailed them yesterday morning with a question on custom OPT winding, and got a reply back within about 10 minutes.

Guys,

Thanks for the replies, sorry for my late reply. After checking my purchase order, I realized that I actually ordered the 059 and not the 035. I did ask about the 50V gray wires as to what they would power but did not get a response back.
Thanks again!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.