Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubelab Discussion and support of Tubelab products, prototypes and experiments

Old 14th April 2018, 04:50 AM   #61
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

For the source follower in the Simple SE (or SE, I forget which), I'd think the AOT1N60 would work. I use it for source follower duty in a similar application.

Tom
Old 23rd February 2019, 06:54 PM   #62
tgreese is offline tgreese  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubelab_com View Post
See if you can get any NDF04N60ZG. I know that Mouser still has about 1000. I just ordered some and they are on their way. I have been using them in my amps with good results, but they are now on the endangered species list as well. It seem that HV mosfets have a product lifetime measured in months. If they don't find their way into a high volume product, they go away.

There have been too many builders, especially in Europe who have been burned by counterfeit Mosfets and CCS chips from Ebay.

Mouser number for the On Semi mosfets:

863-NDF04N60ZG-001

Digikey has zero left

Gone at Mouser. Arrow has a few dozen - https://www.arrow.com/en/products/nd...-semiconductor
Old 23rd February 2019, 07:25 PM   #63
shortwave is offline shortwave
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreese View Post
Gone at Mouser. Arrow has a few dozen - https://www.arrow.com/en/products/nd...-semiconductor

Rochester Electronics say they have 73380 pcs in stock. Really high number minimum so maybe if a group buy gets together?

NDF04N60ZG Stock and Price by Distributor
Old 23rd February 2019, 08:59 PM   #64
Tubelab_com is offline Tubelab_com  United States
diyAudio Member

There is no need to spend time or money looking for old mosfets. Unlike the filament regulator, new mosfets appear on the marked daily and for the most part they are better than the old ones.

I searched for mosfets that met the usual criteria when I set out to build the first TSE-II prototype, selected several possible choices and bought a few of each. I stuck a pair of my first choice parts into the board and fired it up. This is a totally new layout, but pretty much the same design. To reduce the heat in the mosfets The board is now bigger, and a simple zener diode sets the drain voltage to about 100 volts. The new board worked on the first try and has been playing daily for about 2 weeks with 2A3's in it. I haven't abuse tested it yet, but these mosfets look good so far. The Crss curve looks ugly until you realize that the capacitance remains below 1 pF for any voltage between 40 and 600 volts.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf stf3ln80k5.pdf (571.3 KB, 26 views)
Old 24th February 2019, 01:19 AM   #65
shortwave is offline shortwave
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubelab_com View Post
There is no need to spend time or money looking for old mosfets. Unlike the filament regulator, new mosfets appear on the marked daily and for the most part they are better than the old ones.

I searched for mosfets that met the usual criteria when I set out to build the first TSE-II prototype, selected several possible choices and bought a few of each. I stuck a pair of my first choice parts into the board and fired it up. This is a totally new layout, but pretty much the same design. To reduce the heat in the mosfets The board is now bigger, and a simple zener diode sets the drain voltage to about 100 volts. The new board worked on the first try and has been playing daily for about 2 weeks with 2A3's in it. I haven't abuse tested it yet, but these mosfets look good so far. The Crss curve looks ugly until you realize that the capacitance remains below 1 pF for any voltage between 40 and 600 volts.

Mosfets for Tubelab SE?Hide this!Advertise here!