• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Pictures of your Tubelab amp

My Simple SE

Russian 6P3S-E tubes, James JS-6123HS OPTs, custom toroid PT, 16H choke. Around 20kg weight :)

Attachments

• sse.jpg
    sse.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 3,156
Well this thing is about 99.99% done. Still have to toss on the knobs, trim some of the shafts and add a few bolts. I took these pictures while testing it so nothing too exciting I still need to switch out these tubes and toss in my nice ones. It is sounding pretty good so far :) It is nice to finally have a working amp again. You can't really see it in the picture but the sides are walnut and there are adjustable bias switches behind the large capacitors. UL/Triode and feedback switches are on the back panel.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Actually spalted maple and the frame is walnut. Spalted maple is very hard to get and expensive! It's even harder to work with according to my buddy Cal who made the box.

Edit: posted right after Dave. Good guess! I am noticing deeper sound field without all the CFB UL wiring switches etc. I am also very pleased with the sonics the Silver/copper I have been using.

Posted 1 min earlier than you :D

I got the wood for my amp, speaker stands and equipment rack from this guy:

eBay Seller: antlersexpress: Crafts, Collectibles items on eBay.com

It's been incredibly good quality lumber, highly recommended. Depending on the amount of spalting an how it's used, a lot of the time spalted and burled wood needs to be stabilized, esp. when used for pens and knife scales. Used in larger pieces with support (like in your amp) it should do fine without. Spalting happens when the tree falls and sits on the dirt, bacteria get in there and start the rotting process, so a lot of times there's soft spots in the wood.

Last edited:
Well here it is the Point to Point Simple SE. I finished this little amp in about four days, I worked on it in the evenings.
I used transendar output tansformers. For the B+ I used two 10H 90ma chokes in parallel and a 100uf motor run cap and a 33uf electrolytic for the first cap. The amp is very quiet, you can't hear any hum or noise between songs. It sounds as good as the other amp I have on here.

I can change the B+ by changing the rectifier tube, the 5y3 will give me 360v and the 5AR4 will give me about 430v.

This was a fun project and easier than I thought.

P1010052.JPG P1010057.JPG

In my experience transformer orientation only matters sometimes oddly enough. sometimes what seems like transformer orientation is really a problem with your cabling picking up some nasty noise, so twist it together in the amp.

I believe the 2 knobs are volume and source select being that there are 3 sets of RCAs on the back.

Looks like a wonderful build! Same with PR audios point to point job, really interesting stuff.

This is my Tubelab SE. It has separate PSU and it does not have a final enclosure. I plan to play with it a bit more. The audio part is very stable.

It sound very good, I like it much more than the KT88 based amps.

D.

Attachments

• IMG_2262.JPG
    IMG_2262.JPG
    297.6 KB · Views: 1,265
  • IMG_2266.JPG
    IMG_2266.JPG
    264.8 KB · Views: 1,062
  • IMG_2267.JPG
    IMG_2267.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 777
  • IMG_2264.JPG