• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab Simple SE v.2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I have had this little project going on for some time now just have not finished it. Really what is left are all the little things. I am still trying to decide if I want to use the 2 mono Goldpoint attenuators I have or the alps potentiometer. I guess using dual mono attenuators wouldn't be too bad, just have to remember to turn the other side up as well.

I just dont feel like drilling holes in the chassis until I have everything on hand. Most of what I have left is aesthetics, which to some doesn't matter but I would like it to look as good as it sounds.

I realize this thing is excessively large and the capacitors used are probably way overboard lol but I had these and I wanted to build an electrolyticless Simple SE. Alright here is the photo. The transformers haven't been mounted yet but they will be mounted above the chassis as well. Keep in mind this is just mocked up for now hence the bolts and undrilled ventilation etc.

IMG_1551.jpg

Really what is left is finding knobs for the front that look halfway decent. I have a couple of large ones that measure 2" diameter and around 3" tall but they really stick out off the chassis.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.