• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Tubelab SE with 45 tubes only

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks George. I will just have to enlarge the pad holes slightly to fit the wires in with C5.

I've also built the T-SSE [EL34/KT88] several months back and find a noticeable difference between the two amps in detail, air. natural timber, and vocal presence in favor of TSE 45. I am currently using only the GXSE10-5k OPTs and Orange Drop coupling caps with the TSE; I think I will have to invest in better OPTs and coupling caps to really bring out more of the TSE's potential.

Thanks for responding and making this design available.

I still have about 25 TSE boards left. The Sharp filament regulator went extinct several years ago, but Mouser and Digikey had stock. They are gone. I have some regulators and one will be included free with each TSE board purchased until stock is gone.

Meanwhile I am looking to redesign the board. Several options exist for the new board, see this thread:

After a 14 year run, the TSE must DIE!

I picked up some used Lundhal trans with all the same specs, except they are good to 8W & they should be perfect for that tube or even the 2A3, as you can get it in single plate from JJ (called a 2A3-40). I may even try with 300B since they are 8W !

You may want to a go to the next size on wattage for more options in the future , but it may be too pricey.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.