• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

James JS-9611 with the SimpleSE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to built another SimpleSE.
I have in stock a power transformer the James JS-9611.
Can I use it with the SimpleSE ?
For the 6.3V, I dont have only 2 wires like Hammond.
How should I connect the james to the board ?

Attachments

• sans titre-numérisation-01.jpg
    sans titre-numérisation-01.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 329
You could parallel Secondary 3, 4 and 5 together and connect them to the Simple SE board. That would get you nine amps of 6.3 volts. That might even be too much capacity - you might find the heater voltage tends to run high. If so, just use two of the 6.3 volt secondaries.

Keep the 2.5 volt taps on sec 4 and sec 5 away from anything. Wire nut and / or tape them back safely out of the way.

Be sure to observe the proper phasing of the windings - if you parallel them out of phase, you'll get zero volts instead of 6.3.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.